- Enrolled Agents on staff have technical expertise in the field of taxation, preparing tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts and any other entities with tax-reporting requirements.
- GVTS also offers services for bookkeeping and payroll issues, including full service bookkeeping, quarterly reporting, auditing of company books and tax planning.
- GVTS is a locally owned group of independent, federally authorized tax practitioners who have demonstrated a high level of technical competence in tax and are licensed to practice by the United States government.
- GVTS Enrolled Agents represent taxpayers before all levels of the IRS for audits, collections and appeals. They advise and represent taxpayers who are being examined by IRS, are unable to pay taxes or are trying to avoid or recover penalties.
- GVTS’s Enrolled Agents specialize in taxation and are required by the federal government to maintain their professional skills with continuing professional education. They belong to national professional organizations, including the NAEA, a professional society entailing stringent adherence to a Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct, as well as compliance the Treasury Department’s Circular 230 regulations.
Kathy Olson EA
Kathy has been preparing tax returns as an Enrolled Agent since 1990. She is a Fellow of the NAEA’s National Tax Practice Institute, a membership indicating her additional study for effectively representing clients before all administrative levels of the IRS, including examinations, audits, collections and appeals.
Kathy holds a bachelor’s degree from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN and a master’s degree from California State University in Dominguez Hills, CA.
Kelly Callantine EA
Kelly was born and raised in the Gallatin Valley, and graduated from Belgrade High School. She attended Western Montana College until faced with the imminent prospect of student teaching—she panicked and enlisted in the US Air Force instead. Kelly retired as a Chief Master Sergeant after more than twenty-two years, earning a bachelor’s degree from Southern Illinois University and a master’s degree from Lesley College along the way.
Kelly got her start as a tax preparer by volunteering for the VITA program while in the Air Force. She worked for several years with a national tax preparation firm before becoming a part of Gallatin Valley Tax Services.
Kelly and her husband, Sam, began a heavy-haul trucking company while she was stationed in Las Vegas, NV. In 2001, she proved you can go home again by packing up the company and moving back to the family ranch north of Belgrade.
Shaun Hungerford EA
Shaun is a Montana native originally from the Hi-Line with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Eastern Montana College. His work experience includes two years as a staff accountant for Charles Bailey & Co. in Billings and thirteen years as a tax professional for a national tax preparation company. He joined Gallatin Valley Tax Services in 2006 as a partner and a tax professional.
Shaun also owns and operates Lone Mountain Flatwork, a Decorative Concrete company in the Gallatin Valley. He has a comprehensive background in construction accounting and specializes in payroll and business tax returns along with all aspects of individual tax returns.
Shelly Krushensky EA
Shelly is a Gallatin Valley native, graduating from Montana State University in 1995 with a business degree in accounting. Shelly is an Enrolled Agent and has been preparing taxes since 2004 as a member of Gallatin Valley Tax Services and as an employee of a national tax preparation company.
Shelly is well acquainted with QuickBooks and is currently the bookkeeper for several retail and service businesses. She has been a ranch wife and co-owner of a heavy construction business since 1983. She has also been a CFO of a small national company.
Sharon Roe EA
Sharon has been preparing personal income taxes professionally since 1995 for a nationally recognized company, and since 2006 for Gallatin Valley Tax Services. She is an Enrolled Agent and does bookkeeping as well as income tax preparation. For the last three and a half years, Sharon also has been employed as Business Manager for the Amsterdam School District. Sharon is a native of New Mexico and specializes in NM tax returns as well as other state returns. She holds a master’s degree from the University of Northern Colorado.
Peggy Schwalm has performed tax preparation and bookkeeping services for several decades. She worked ten years for a national tax preparation firm and has worked for Gallatin Valley Tax Services since 2007. She is an experienced professional in all tax matters and has been successful in many audit representations.
She received her bachelor’s degree at Purdue University and continued her master’s education at University of Idaho. Her first degree was in Wildlife Biology and worked for USDA Forest Service in Idaho for many years. She segued into office work when juggling a family business, marriage and children while living in rural Idaho. Business brought her to Montana and she has lived in the Gallatin Valley since 1995. Her children are raised and off to the wilds of Alaska, where she hopes to visit again soon.
Kathy Yerger EA
Kathy is a tax professional with twelve years of experience and training. She has provided assistance to hundreds of clients with a variety of needs, ranging from individuals and small businesses to farm and ranch returns. She has managed the records and prepared tax returns for her family’s farming business for the last nine years.
Kathy was born and raised on a farm/ranch in Eastern Montana. She and her husband have lived in the Bozeman area for twenty-three years and have two grown sons. In her spare time, Kathy gardens, sells hay, and tries to prevent her husband from buying additional farm equipment.